The customer who rents a bicycle or performs a Bike Tour with Born Bike Tours Barcelona is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Born Bike Tours Barcelona rents bicycles and other cycling equipment, available at its shop or at any point in Barcelona (after an agreement by both parties with an additional cost of transport), also performs the management, reservation and realization of cultural guided bike tours.
- The leased equipment will be available at the place, day and time provided in the lease. At the end of the lease period, the customer will be asked to return the equipment leased exclusively to Born Bike Tours Barcelona’s staff, depending on the conditions (including time and place) provided in the original copy of the lease. In any case, he cannot deliver it to third person.
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION
- To book a bicycle rental or a Bike Tour, the customer can make a booking request by email (email@example.com) by phone (+34 93 319 00 20) or in person at our office in Carrer Marquesa, Nº 1 08003 Barcelona.
The client signing the rental contract must be of legal age (customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult) who will be responsible for all equipment leased by him or the members of his group.
- The guarantee (deposit) for the rental of bicycles without a guide can be a document certifying the identity of the customer (passport, national identity document, or driving license) or a cash deposit of 200 € or 300 € depending on the equipment rented. The deposit will be returned at the end of the rental, when returning the leased equipment in perfect condition.
- Cancellation policy:
Cancellations will only be valid with a written notification by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of cancellation at least 48 hours before the tour, 50% of the total price will be charged. In case of cancellation less than 48 hours before the tour, 100% of the total price will be charged. Born Bike Tours Barcelona will send the cancellation policy’s details, whenever the client books one of his service.
- Born Bike Tours Barcelona do not cancel its Bike Tours in case of rain, but lend raincoats to all participants for free. As an alternative, it is possible to choose a walking tour with an adapted itinerary.
- For logistical reasons, a minimum of four people is required for the organization of a Bike Tour. For groups of less than four people, the customer must contact Born Bike Tours Barcelona to see if there is availability. He/she can also choose to take the Bike Tour assuming the additional amount up to four people.
CIVIL LIABILITY AND LIMITATIONS
- When the client signs the lease, he/she is responsible for the rented equipment both for him/her and for the members of his group.
- Only the customer and the members of his/her group can use the rented equipment.
- The customer and the members of his/her group must take care of the rented equipment. They will also take the necessary precautions to protect it from damage, loss or theft, if any of these situations occurs, the customer will have to pay the costs to replace it. At any stop, the customer and the members of his/her group must lock and chain the bikes by passing the chain through the frame and wheels to a bicycle parking spot.
- Born Bike Tours Barcelona has a civil liability policy for renting bicycles and developing the activity on tourist roads that covers any damage that may be caused due to a defect of the rented equipment.
- The customer and the members of his/her group should be respectful and cordial with the guide. They will make every effort to follow the safety instructions verbally given by the guide before starting the tour such as hand signals, physical example of the guide during the tour, look on both sides when crossing a street and respect the traffic signals. The guide can exclude a participant and/or the whole group if their behavior is risky or dangerous for the activity. The customer will not be able to claim for compensation.
- Born Bike Tours Barcelona will not be responsible for any claim for an accident, personal injury or damage suffered by the customer and/or the members of his group and/or third parties. Born Bike Tours Barcelona will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the personal belongings of the customer or the members of his group. They are responsible for all their belongings.
- It is the responsibility of the customer and the members of his group to respect the Spanish traffic rules. They will be solely responsible if they are sanctioned or caught by an authority breaking any rule or breaking the law.
- In compliance with Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), the purpose of which is to guarantee and protect personal data, fundamental freedoms and rights of physical persons, data provided by the customer, will be used exclusively for the correct performance of the contracted service, and he/she may request, in accordance with the law, its rectification or cancellation by contacting email@example.com
Customer’s information will not be disclosed to third parties and will only be used for the purposes of this website. The pictures taken during the Bike Tours can sometimes be used for promotional purposes through Born Bike Tours Barcelona’s social media networks and website.
- Property Rights
All contents of the website, such as texts, graphics, pictures, logos, icons, images, as well as graphic design, source code and software, are the exclusive property of Born Bike Tours Barcelona or third parties whose rights are legitimately entitled by Born Bike Tours Barcelona, are protected by national and international legislation.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
For whatever interpretative or litigious questions may arise, Spanish law will apply and in case of dispute, when the parties are unable to resolve it amicably, both parties accept express submission to the courts of Barcelona (Spain).
- The customer will declare to have read and accepted the present terms and conditions.